This year I took Photography as my fine art class. This is one of my favorite classes because I have the opportunity to express myself and work on computers which I’m good at. We also take photos using different compositional tricks and we posted our photos in an online blog so others can see our art and appreciate it.
In my portfolio you’ll find a collection of work I’ve done this semester. Some is straight Photoshop and some is actual art work. Some of the work shows my interpretation of the world and a message I’m trying to get out. Though I haven’t turned every assignment in, I think my
portfolio is a good presentation of what I’m capable of artistically.
This semester I learned different tricks to help make your pictures better, and tricks on the computer to enhance the look and feel of a photo. Some of the tricks are just for fun like how to change eye color or warping but the compositional tricks make the photo more interesting and make you really think about what exactly the emphasis is. I do better with the compositional tricks. I prefer taking a photo with different techniques rather than being on Photoshop doing a million steps just to alter a photo.
Photoshop requires patience and perseverance and I’m really not the type to pay full attention all the time so in the future, I’d have to learn to stay focused so I can improve. Since the first picture I took, I’ve improved in using the compositional tricks to make my pictures better. I just naturally apply them when I take pictures. Since taking this class, I look at the world as a photograph. I see pictures wherever I go, and I love it.
I’ve learned that anything can be art. Art has no barriers. The only thing that’s important is if you believe you’re good and that whatever you present as art has a meaning behind it. I love this class, it gives me an opportunity to send messages out and show the world about what I know and what I’ve experienced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your portfolio looks nice although it is not quite complete. You have moments of artistic brilliance when your expression and compositional skills slam together. However, sometimes you don't put as much effort in as I know you are capable. This may be a thing of the past because it has seemed that with each progressive project you work harder. I want you to keep pushing yourself creatively, expressively and compositionally next semester. I know you are capable of amazing things, and I want to make sure that you capture each and everyone that you can in this class.
ReplyDelete