Thursday, February 25, 2010

Personal Quilt

Inside Me
My Future

My Past
A lot of the choices I made for the images and symbols in my quilt come from things of my whole life that stick with me. I chose them because they are those memories that never go away. I don't really like the clouds in "My Past" quilt. I don't know , I think they're too corny or too played out. My favorite square is the "Inside Me" square. I love the double meaning behind the two pictures of me and the layout. I struggled most with this square. I didn't know how to express how I am and how I see myself. But it just clicked when I found the quote I have in the photo.
My Past and Future squares are two completely different moods. The past is more somber and calm while my future is more in your face and alive. The symbols I used in my quilts were the smoke, stars and the gloomy atmosphere. They all represent parts of me. The smoke symbolizes how nothing is permanent like heart break, or death. The stars symbolize where I want to see myself in the next few years. I want to be famous ! Finally, the gloomy atmosphere in my "Inside Me" quilt shows how I feel inside most of the time. I think I was as honest as I allowed myself to be. It was pretty hard to express myself because I'm not really the type to open up and it was harder to use symbols instead of words. If I ever do anything like this again, I'll be sure to feel more comfortable with who I am and show the world who the real Angelica is. Because my close friends and family know I'm more than just Jelly.












No comments:

Post a Comment